Animal Breed Zip Code

Monday, November 29, 2004

All's Well

Arwen went to have the sutures removed after her spaying. The Vet say that she is healing up just fine.

I was wondering if I would notice a difference in recuperation between Smokey who was spayed at nine weeks (adopted from MSPCA) compared to Arwen (from an acquaintance) who was spayed at 6 months.

I am not considering the first night because the MSPCA kept Smokey overnight while my vet had me pick Arwen up the same say as surgery. So as a result I really did not notice much of a difference. Arwen was back to running around and chasing Smokey. Just as Smokey Began to investigate her new home. Neither kitten seemed to show any outward signs of pain.

As it stands now assuming all goes well I am officially done with bringing the girls to the vet until next year for their annual exam. I am going to get both of them on the same schedule to have both examined with one visit to the vet. The main thing I have to work around is the booster for rabies. I believe the booster needs to be within a year but not less than eight months. All should be fine if I plan on getting them in late August or early September.

I wasn't planning on two kittens but if I were to do this again I would definitely get them at the same time. I have been going back and forth to the vet since July getting them UTD with shots, exams and spaying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home