Animal Breed Zip Code

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Cat 1 Mouse 0



Recently, as I was getting ready to go to work, I heard strange sounds coming from the other side of the house. As I got closer I began to hear a “chirping sound” I thought that Smokey and Arwen found a cricket, which they were playing with. As I got closer I realized that it didn’t sound like a cricket at all. When I got to the bathroom I found Smokey with a mouse in her mouth with only the tail sticking out. Judging from the noise it was making the mouse was not happy about it at all. When I got there, Smokey dropped the mouse, which then tried to run away. Smokey was hot on the trail and then reached out and took a swipe at the mouse. Lets just say the mouse was not very active after that. Smokey was so proud of herself at what she accomplished. You should have heard how loud she was purring so loud she sounded like a motorboat. She just laying down by her ”trophy”. This was the first mouse she got (that I know of) in the 11 months that I had her.
My other cat Arwen was simply amused at the whole event but had little interest in participating in the battle. She was just content in lying in the hall watching the whole event as it occurred around her.Smokey is a “hunter” while Arwen is….well Arwen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home