Animal Breed Zip Code

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Katrina Pet Story

I finally heard from a friend of mine who lives in New Orleans. She and her son evacuated to acquaintances in Mississippi to ride out the storm they are now in Connecticut and still do not know the status of their house in New Orleans. They don’t believe that the house was in one of the many flooded areas. They are fine a bit shaken (they are natives of Connecticut) but the storm was but had this to say about getting their pets out of harms way:
“…I had rented a van on Sunday morning so we could get all the pets out. I still have my big Lab and I had just adopted 3 kittens. Rich has his dog, two cats, a parrot and a ferret so we were full. Crates bungee corded everywhere. Now the kittens are sick but overall, the pets did pretty well….”

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger WCTs said...

Thanks for the good story! I hope the kittens get well. So nice to hear a great pet story in the midst of this crisis. =^..^=

We love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home